The MWS Flexible Tuition Program
The Middle Way School thrives on the principle of inclusion. We actively seek to build a community that is rich with diverse cultures, races, talents, interests, learning profiles, and economic and ethnic backgrounds. Because this is a pilot school, and because we have the support of a global community of friends and foundations who wish to see this school succeed, we are able to offer ample financial aid to meet families at whatever tuition level they are able to afford.
There is a comfortable middle ground between offering too much and not enough. We believe that tuition shouldn’t create hardship. It should be like a good stretch or a yoga position–you push until you feel a little burn but don’t go further. And in the end, that little bit of stretch ends up feeling really good. We want to help families feel good about their contribution.
Apply by clicking the link below. The application window opens on January 4, 2021.
Kindergarten-5th Grade: $13,200
Nursery/Preschool Four-and-a-Half-Day Program: $10,850
Nursery/Preschool Three-Day Program: $7233
10% off for second child
15% off for third child
20% off thereafter
There is a $450 materials fee. This fee acts also as your deposit and is non-refundable. Families wishing to apply for financial aid are encouraged to do so without hesitation. For more information about this process, download our Financial Aid Instructions. All tuition is generously subsidized by a special grant from Khyentse Foundation, a Buddhist philanthropic organization. If you have the means to contribute funds to support families who are in need, we encourage you to donate to our ongoing financial aid fund.
We offer rolling admissions, accepting applications throughout the year if there is space. This year (2020-2021), most classes are fully-enrolled and some have waiting lists. Contact email@example.com to inquire.
We enroll without discriminating against any race, age, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or socioeconomic background and will make reasonable accommodations for individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. As an institution and as individuals we have the responsibility to actively change the power differences that perpetuate biases against historically underrepresented and disadvantaged groups. We welcome your experience and input on how our school community can do this.
Quick Guide to Applying
- Complete one TADS application per child. Consideration of new applicants begins February 4, 2021.
- There is a $45 application fee.
- If you are applying for financial aid, download the FAP Application Instructions (above). We use SSS and rely on an additional letter to the board.
- For students who have already entered kindergarten, have your child’s current teacher complete a teacher feedback form and return to MWS.
- If your child has had any educational, therapeutic or psychological evaluations, please include Service Provider Feedback forms for each of these therapists/evaluators.
- Once your application has been received, we will contact you with the next steps.
- Your child is considered enrolled once we have a signed contract and the $450 materials fee, which acts as a non-refundable deposit.